Wield the Wisdom of 500+ CMOs
The CMO Pressure Cooker
The minute a CMO starts a new job, the clock is ticking. Impact is expected to happen fast and continuously regardless of budget, resources, product market fit, or competitive activities. It’s a really challenging job even for the most competent and in most cases, it’s an isolating one since no other member of the C-suite is likely to have significant marketing expertise even if they claim to! The result is a pressure cooker of mismatched expectations and relentless self-doubt, driving many CMOs to look for outside advice and counsel.
To see if Drew is the right coach for you, book a 30-minute call with him:
5 Benefits of Working with Drew Neisser as Your CMO Coach
Starting with a his proprietary CMO assessment questionnaire that helps identify focus areas, CMO Coach Drew Neisser brings a flexible yet effective approach to each engagement while promising 5 core benefits:
- Clarity: It’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of multiple requests from bosses, peers, and subordinates. It then gets hard to distinguish the subjective from the objective. Neisser will listen to your challenges helping you to process the facts and isolate the extraneous. Clarity of purpose will emerge, making it easier for the CMO to focus on a few difference-making priorities.
- Accountability: The CMO job is unquestionably difficult even in ideal circumstances, so it is easy to convince oneself that delays, and setbacks are acceptable or worse that success is not possible. As your coach, Neisser becomes an accountability partner, helping you stay committed to the actions that will have the biggest impact.
- Confidence: Getting down on oneself is a natural outcome of the CMO pressure cooker. Unfortunately, this negativity compounds like interest, sapping energy and impairing judgement. Painting a clear image of success, Neisser will help you prepare a strategy that builds confidence and eliminates doubt.
- Creativity: CMOs are confronted with numerous ideas every day. Evaluating these options is tiresome, leading some to dismiss ideas less on merit than source, less on potential than expedience. As an objective third party with decades of marketing experience, Neisser will help you establish evaluative criteria and think through the feasibility of your options.
- Conclusiveness: Ultimately, you the CMO will need to make decisions, decisions that will determine how you spend your time, the strength of your team, the effectiveness of your marketing and how you are perceived by your fellow executives. As an unbiased coach, Neisser will help you think through these decisions and come to better conclusions.
When it comes to CMOs, Drew Neisser is a singular expert. Described by Jay Baer as “one of the strongest B2B marketing thinkers in the world,” Drew Neisser has advised dozens of CMOs on a 1:1 basis and hundreds through CMO Huddles, the exclusive peer network of B2B CMOs he started in 2020. He is also the founder of Renegade, the strategic boutique for B2B innovators. Prior to founding CMO Huddles, Neisser had been a long-time partner to The CMO Club, driving the B2B curriculum for their summits/webinars and helping members develop their personal brands. Having interviewed over 500 CMOs, Neisser has authored two books, hosted over 290 podcast episodes and written hundreds of articles on marketing for AdAge, Fast Company, Forbes, MediaPost, and more. His most recent book, Renegade Marketing: 12 Steps to Building Unbeatable B2B Brands, provides a ground-breaking guide for both novice and seasoned B2B marketers.
On a highly selective basis, Drew Neisser provides one-on-one coaching for CMOs and aspiring CMOs. Tailored to your specific needs, Drew will help you assess your current situation, establish clear objectives and guide you towards the realization of a personal brand that is good for you and your company.
Here are a few of the critical junctures Drew can help you through:
- Rebranding: This is a perilous moment for any CMO and well worth having a seasoned advisor in your corner to help you avoid landmines and work through issues.
- The First 90 Days: Successful CMOs always have a 90-day plan, which includes assessment, acculturation, and action.
- Internal Issues: Some CMOs face lots of internal issues that can prevent success. Drew will help you work through these issues with time-tested approaches.
- New CMOs: It’s hard to say “no” when you’re in a role for the first time. There are also landmines everywhere you turn. This is a must-have moment for having a coach in your corner.