Why Marketers Should Focus on Customer Experience
With more than 15 years of healthcare marketing experience, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Binary Fountain, Aaron Clifford, talks with Drew in this episode about the importance of understanding what your customers are saying about your brand. As you listen to this episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite, you’ll discover the top strategies you can implement during your first 6 months on the job as a CMO for a new company.
Drew not only asks why customer experience should matter to company administrators, he and Aaron talk about the top marketing lessons current CMOs need to know in order to succeed. Critical topics such as reviewing past marketing attempts and accomplishments and the importance of owning a problem are all covered on this episode.
You’ll enjoy this conversation and you can’t afford to miss Aaron’s insights, so be sure to listen.
What You’ll Learn
- [0:32] Drew introduces his guest, Aaron Clifford, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Binary Fountain
- [1:25] The story behind the name and purpose of Binary Fountain, and how Aaron came to be with the company after 15 years of healthcare marketing experience
- [7:00] Top tips for the first six months as a CMO at a new company
- [12:17] Why customer experience should matter to company administrators
- [13:21] How do you market a service to large companies?
- [19:00] Suggestions from Aaron to make webinars more impactful
- [21:51] Secret to making online events work – market the heck out of them
- [27:17] Trick to using RFPs for internal company success and to increase functionality on digital marketing platforms.
- [29:58] How did Aaron have the confidence to take on such a large risk at a new company?
- [32:38] Top marketing lessons from Aaron for other CMOs
How Aaron Clifford tackled the issue of listening to conversations to enhance customer experiences
The name Binary Fountain evolved from a simple brainstorming session with company developers. Since that initial discussion, Binary Fountain has become synonymous with creating exceptional customer experiences through enhanced marketing and conversational strategies. What began as a felt need – How do you sift through enormous amounts of healthcare-related customer feedback? – has morphed into a world-class operation that seeks to “leverage patient feedback to impact revenue and operations.” During his first six months in his role as CMO Aaron went on a “listening tour” and simply asked why employees were working with Binary Fountain. What he found will surprise you. Be sure to listen to this engaging episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite to discover what he found.
Why should customer experience matter to company administrators?
Customer experience is a huge part of brand management. Aaron explains that “You are not what you say you are – you are what others say you are. That’s your brand!” By ensuring that every interaction with every customer is exceptional, you are not only creating brand loyalty but also enabling your company to do better in its overall operations. If your marketing tactics such as utilizing social media platforms and having creative website interfaces create an atmosphere of support and engagement, your customers’ satisfaction will improve dramatically. For more insights on why customer experiences should matter at a company’s highest levels don’t miss this episode.
Tired of lackluster online events? Check out these industry secrets for stellar webinar sessions
Drew and Aaron discuss how you can make webinars more impactful on this episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite. Here is an example: Live webinars allow you to connect with your customers in a tremendous way but they are of no use to your company if they aren’t marketed correctly. Enhancing the marketing strategies for your webinars will allow you to increase your registrants for the event and increased registrants will combat the level of attrition that comes with the territory of webinars. And if you partner with industry leaders for the webinar, your company now has a bullet-proof way to disperse information and connect with customers. Don’t miss this helpful, webinar-focused part of the conversation on this episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite with Drew Neisser.